The Program in Mathematics Education (PRIME) at Michigan State University is seeking a Postdoctoral Research Associate. The postdoctoral research associate will work with the strong and highly collaborative team of experts from Michigan State University in collaboration with the Concord Consortium to develop and test a set of digital resources. This position will provide a qualified candidate with the opportunity to play a major role in a four-year NSF-funded project, Enhancing the Teacher Curriculum Relationship in Problem-Based Classrooms by Connecting Teacher and Student Digital Collaborative Environments. This project seeks to explore how a new digital teacher collaborative environment linked to an existing digital student collaborative environment embedded with the Connected Mathematics curriculum, can improve middle grades mathematics teaching and teacher learning. This grant builds on two prior NSF-funded grants:
Collaborative Research: Enhancing Middle Grades Students Capacity to Develop and Communicate Their Mathematical Understanding of Big Ideas Using Digital Inscriptional Resources.
Promoting Productive Disciplinary Engagement and Learning with Open Problems and "Just-in-Time" Supports in Middle School Mathematics.
The research associate will assist with the:
· Design and development of the teacher digital collaborative environment
· Carrying out all research activities, including data collection and analysis
· Development of teacher support materials as needed
· Development and implementation of professional development Writing of papers, reports, and presentations at national meetings
The research associate will have the opportunity to:
· Assist with other CMP research projects: Arc of Learning, The Role of Student Work, and Formative Assessment https://connectedmath.msu.edu/teacher-support/curriculum-perspectives/current-research-projects/
· Assist with development of curriculum and assessment related to CMP
· Assist with the development and implementation of CMP professional development
· Work with other research, curriculum, and professional development projects associated with the Program in Mathematics Education (PRIME) at Michigan State University
· Collaborate with faculty, post-docs, and graduate students in Michigan State University Mathematics Education programs
The initial appointment is for one year and is renewable on an annual basis through June 1, 2024, based upon satisfactory performance and the availability of resources.
For more information and application instructions, go to https://careers.msu.edu/cw/en-us/job/504189/research-associatefixed-term