The CREATE for STEM Institute at Michigan State University, with support from Counseling, Educational Psychology and Special Education (CEPSE), is excited to hold the NGSS Assessment Workshop for area teachers, teacher leaders, and district science coordinators, Thursday, October 27th through October 29th, 2022.
Tentative work schedule
The workshop schedule will be
- October 27th (Thursday), 5:00 pm - 8:00 pm (working dinner, Rm 252 Erickson Hall): Key note and introduction to assessment process
- October 28th (Friday), 8:30 am - 5:00 pm: Develop 3D assessment tasks following the NGSA principles
- October 29th (Saturday), 8:30 am - 3:30 pm: Share participants’ assessment tasks and future collaboration
Hotel reservations and meals
- We have reserved a block of rooms at the Candlewood Suites (3545 Forest Rd, Lansing, MI) for the nights of October 27th and 28th, 2022 under "CREATE Assessment Workshop".
- Sue Carpenter (email@example.com), CREATE’s Communication Manager, will provide the hotel with all participant names and then send you individual reservation numbers.
- All room charges (except incidentals) will be billed to CREATE. Meals will be either provided or reimbursed at allowable per diem rate (if not provided).
- Please send Sue Carpenter (firstname.lastname@example.org) any food allergy and special meal request information by Friday, October 20th, 2022. CREATE will do their best to honor those requests.
Parking spaces are available next to the Erickson building (gated and non-gated Lots 38 & 50. We would advise you to arrive as early as you can. Both lots can become full by 9:00-9:30 am. There is also gated parking across the street if the Erickson lot is full (Lot 40). We will provide parking passes and gate keys and have CREATE employees(s) outside the building to assist you. You will need to scratch off the appropriate date and time and hang it on the rear view mirror. Please call (517) 432-0816 once you arrive.
Direction to CREATE
MSU Map (click for full MSU campus map)
- CREATE will reimburse your car mileage to and from CREATE. CREATE will provide dinner on Thursday, breakfast and lunch on Friday, and breakfast and lunch on Saturday. Friday dinner is on your own and will be reimbursed at allowable per diem rate.
- We will pay either a stipend for participant teachers or payment for sub-teachers on Friday, and stipend on Saturday (up to $100/per day). The amount will vary for each school district. Your school can contact Mary Luba (email@example.com), CREATE’s financial manager, for the billing process.
We look forward to meeting and working with you at the workshop to improve science teaching and learning.